Tuesday, May 10, 2011

rumiaandyoel

So now that the groom is set to go, I'm looking for some simple accessories to spruce up the maybe-dress. Something understated and elegant, like these lovely beaded Masai pieces. I do feel a slight sense of injustice - all over the world brides get to wear colorful and insanely beautiful textiles and decorations, but ever since Queen Victoria did her thing in 1840, most of the western world has been dragged into a downward spiral of white fluff.

In other news, I survived 16 hours in the train over the weekend. The trip actually turned out to be quite therapeutic, with nothing else to do I passed the time reading books, staring out the window and speeding through fields and fields of the most incredibly vibrant yellow flowers . The south is truly different, almost another country. In Meersburg, hills covered with grapevines roll right down to the Lake of Constance, and sailboats float across the horizon. The first impression is that everything is a little lighter, a little more jolly. They have what we call Lebensfreude. Someone whispered to me, conspiratorially: "yes, those protestants up north can be a little uptight."
oh?tell me about it....


*photo from Rumia and Yoel who have beautiful things that make me want to go tribal. Thanks Dvorah!

No comments:

Post a Comment