Monday, November 9, 2009

place : Beijing








Actually, I almost didn't make it to China. About an hour into the flight a stewardess walked through with a laser gun, shooting a red beam at each passengers forehead. She sweetly let us know she was taking our temperature, and looking for potential swine flu carriers. I lost my sense of humor when she told my mine was a bit high, and she'd be back in a moment to check me again. The second time I passed with flying colors, relieved that I didn't have to spend the whole tour in quarantine. Yes, truth is stranger than fiction. Every time

With so little time, I got in a photo-taking frenzy. We actually had only 3 hours in Beijing, before catching a flight to Wuhan the next morning... we walked along the river in and older part of the city, had some interesting snacks (we cowardly opted out of the cockroach and skorpion skewers but still had some pretty un-western dishes) took a ride across town in a taxi with a death wish, and and ate a fabulous peking duck.


next up : Wuhan

No comments:

Post a Comment