Friday, November 20, 2009

stravinsky


Unfortunately, I am required to take piano lessons. I'm not sure who is less fortunate, me or poor Ms. Taubert- but regardless, its quite clear that piano playing is most definitely not my forte. It might help if I practiced every so often but it just seems like such a futile way to spend my time. When I practice the piano, I think about those Tibetan Buddhist monks who spend hours and hours making sculptures of butter and then take them out into the sun to melt. Only this doesn't make me feel calm and zen-like ,Quite the contrary actually. I wish I had had this gem of a quote with me at my lesson the other day

"I don't play accurately , anyone can play accurately But I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for life "


-Oscar Wilde from The Importance of being Earnest , because there is no one like Oscar for quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment