Saturday, May 28, 2011

moving mountains, ya'll

befc3b62a0c055c7e820e788fb4c5c00f53853dd_m

I know I'm in hot water for being Awol for the past week, but I've been off moving many mountains. Literally and figuratively. On Tuesday, H. came from Hamburg and we made it in the nick of time to our meeting with the lovely Frau D. at the Leipzig municipality, where handed in all of our carefully curated documents.* We will know in 1-3 months if we are authorized to TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL. From there I stopped at home to throw random things into a suitcase, and we caught a train to Berlin, arriving at H's old apartment just in time to meet all the people who came to buy the furniture that can't be stored/isn't worth schlepping to Hamburg. It looked like an ikea slaughterhouse in there. Expedit shelf parts were flying, wardrobes were being torn apart-not a pretty sight. The next day we packed up all the rest, and all of the other awesomeness that is moving. For extra credit I got to travel through the subway with a blue bucket filled with paint,varnish and other toxins you are forbidden to throw away making my way to some god forsaken lot at the end of the world where men in orange overalls happily took it from me.
Now I'm back in the 'zig, catching my breath, practicing for auditions and packing up my apartment. Oh, and planning the wedding-which at this point consists of staring at my to-do lists, and questioning all the decisions we've made up until now. good stuff !


* from this point on I won't** complain about this anymore, because although I find the whole system slightly clumsy and tedious, I am also very grateful for the possibility to do this here, something not available to me my own little country.
** won't, meaning of course : will do my very best

No comments:

Post a Comment