Sunday, June 26, 2011

Leaving The 'Zig

DSCF1671

DSCF1811

Packing up all my earthly belongings and dragging them down to the basement for storage has given me time to reflect on a few random things I will miss in Leipzig ...
* Grocery shopping, GDR style. Fighting people for the last bananas and feeling grateful I snatched the last carton of milk.
*Passive-Aggressive door keepers at school who rule over their domain with a vengeance and begrudgingly hand out keys to the practice rooms.
* 101 extra hours of sunshine. what? yep- as gray as it may be here, Leipzig has 1,624 annual hours of sunlight compared with 1,523 in Hamburg. Shoot me.
*The Basement of Doom, where all said earthly possessions are being stored. It is also where we do our laundry and with it's dark, caged tunnels has enough creepiness to put a Steven King novel to shame.
* Roommates, for better and for worse

I'm off to Berlin, and then in few short days...home.

No comments:

Post a Comment