Friday, January 13, 2012

on my way

On the way

On the way to Leipzig the other day the clouds parted for a moment casually revealing a glimpse of sunshine and blue skies, filling me with a strange sense of happiness and well being. I squinted out the train window slowly remembering how nice it is to actually see the sun. A little photosynthesis goes a long way-specially now that we both look so pale and sickly one could easily think we just got out of solitary confinement.
After a whirlwind of chaos and rehearsals I'm back home packing for a trip to the Motherland; Land of Freedom, the pursuit of happiness, and January sales. Starting in Washington D.C I'll be on tour for two weeks.
Someone at the consulate must do a really good job at scaring all foreigners into good behavior, because I've been receiving panicky group e mails from the orchestra's office :
WARNING! ATTENTION! ...
We've also been instructed not to bring anything that looks,smells or tastes like food. No tea, no snacks, no chocolate. Are they really concerned someone might mistake my granola bar for a Weapon of Mass Destruction ?? It feels very dangerous and adventurous ...

Anyhow, wish me luck. I'll do my best to post from the road, Internet connection allowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment