Sunday, May 1, 2011

Organized Chaos

dali-atomicus2

This is exactly what life feels like at the moment. Organized chaos. Note the insane yet gleeful look on Dali's face. (Did you know that the photographer and assistants threw those wet cats around 28 times?) Not much new in these parts, just a few non-wedding related ulcer inducing deadlines, that is all. I mumble to myself ; breathe in, breathe out. Right foot in front of left.... I have only the most random of thoughts to share today.

Signs I might be getting older :
Walking to school this morning to practice, I saw Arthur - a nice albeit slightly rumpled looking young man from my studio. GOOD MORNING, I say a little too cheerfully.... Arthur mumbles and squints into the sunlight, obviously still hungover from last night. I , failing to recognize the Walk of Shame, ask him where he's off too. He then gives me a dirty look usually reserved for older people-who-don't-get-it , not in quite touch with reality. "home" he grunts. Oops. Then I walk on to school, which is of course closed because it's the 1st of May.

The shoes I ordered online finally came, but definitely raised a few eyebrows among the ladies of this house. I fear this might be a sign that I have lost all good taste / judgment and will most likely remain this way until after the wedding. This is strike number two for the internet, who already sent me one ugly dress. Lessons learned : sheer will power cannot make you fit into shoes that are too small (could have learned this already from Cinderella's sisters) and there is such a thing as heels that are too high. General rule of thumb - no matter how pretty the shoes are, if they make you limp around your room like a baby giraffe, they are too high. Much sadness.

* more about the Dali Atomicus photo here


As per the Royal Wedding, I only have one thing to say : Horses? Really? I mean come on Willandkate , with all your assets and resources, that was the best you could do? Don't you read wedding blogs? Personally I would have gone with a zebra or two. The best thing about the wedding (aside from the lovely getting married bit which did seem a little gloomy-but that's just me) was that grumpy flower girl. Mazal Tov !



No comments:

Post a Comment